In the Beginning

Okay, so it’s not really the beginning. I’ve spent two months in Thailand already so I’m pretty much half-way through my South East Asia travels. Unfortunately I’m running out of money very quickly so I’m going to see if it’s possible to get shit-hot at freelance writing and make enough to keep going. And document it. Anyone’s guess at this stage.

Image Source: www.upwork.com
I’m mainly using UpWork. Created my account about a week ago and it’s already looking okay. I’ve clocked in about $45 from a travel listicle about the best cafe’s to visit in Phuket (never been). Two more blogs from the same client mean there’s a bit more money in the pipeline.
I’ve also smashed out a business blog on acquisitions, which means I’ve got about 3.5 UpWork hours under my belt (manual time because I couldn’t figure out how to install the app – have now though). Oh and there’s a gig where I make up biographies of authors for a series of kids books, which I think will be about $13 a piece.
Probably would have helped if I logged those at the time but I only just created this blog. Hopefully it’ll provide some insight into whether freelance writing is easy, profitable or worth it but who knows at this stage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What we can all Learn from Danny Margulies

Funding your Travels by Freelancing Abroad - My Experience

Get Approved on UpWork - Creating A Perfect Profile