Writing a Killer Job Proposal



So I've been experimenting with a few different cover letters - this is a quick post about how to write a cover letter on UpWork. Finding a template that works for you not only saves time - with the right formula you can hopefully boost the number of interviews and successful proposals.

It's raining in Ho Chi Minh City so with nothing better to do but sit in the hostel, I thought I'd share some UpWork wisdom. Don't copy it word for word, you freaks!!

how to write a cover letter on UpWork

Okay, so key tips:
  • If possible, find out who you're writing to. On the job outline, you can look at the clients feedback and often you'll find their name. Address it to them personally. If not I've been going with 'Dear potential client,' which might be more handy for formal proposals.
  • Straight off the bat I've put why I am interested in that job specifically. Hint: I've never even had a dog. Be creative!
  • Include your portfolio. If you've rolled out of bed and decided to call yourself a writer (like I initially did) make some example blogs up.
  • If you're a native English speaker, include it. A massive advantage against all the kids working for two dollars an hour to put out content in their third language.
  • If you're looking for ongoing work, mention that as well. Could be an advantage!
Any Q's on how to write a cover letter on UpWork, let me know x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What we can all Learn from Danny Margulies

Funding your Travels by Freelancing Abroad - My Experience

Finding the Right Clients