URGENT JOB

Today whilst scrolling through UpWork I came across one of my favorite kind of jobs. You'll occasionally see a client who needs something done urgently - in this case within an hour. Usually it's pretty simple, and the budget they've set is what they're willing to pay.



Which was good for me on this occasion - because $40 per hour (after UpWork fees) is pretty tight huh? Especially when this one only took about 30 minutes. Took the edge off of being scammed twenty dollars by a shoe repairer in Hanoi earlier today.

From what I can gauge, these jobs are all about getting in there quickly - having a quality application and being the first on the pile of proposals.

My tips for this kind of thing would be:

  • Only go for it if you're sure you can complete it in time. Obviously. This one specified 500-600 words, which I knew I could bash out.
  • Try and find out as much as possible before accepting any proposals. This client wanted a press release, and I knew I could do it because she sent me the article it was based on before I accepted.
  • As I said - get in there first! I've read this on a few UpWork forums recently and have noticed the difference!
  • Make it sound like the urgency is in your favor as well. For example, I told this client I was after more 5* quality feedback for my profile as quickly as possible. And guess what? I got it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What we can all Learn from Danny Margulies

Funding your Travels by Freelancing Abroad - My Experience

Finding the Right Clients